WHAT WE DO
Rudy's Sock Drive Inc. is a 501c3 nonprofit organization, home based in SE Michigan, operating in the state of Georgia. Through donations, we collect, but not limited to, new socks for the homeless.
• Fact about causes homelessness:
• Lack of affordable housing
• Loss of job/employment or underemployment
• Family conflict/domestic violence
• Mental illness
• Chronic medical problems
• Substance use disorders
• Youth aging out of foster car
• The Detroit CoC has the highest homeless total in the state
Through our Anti-Bullying program, we travel to elementary and middle schools raising awareness on the dangers of bullying.
Kids who are bullied are more likely to experience;
• Depression and Anxiety
• Increased feelings of sadness and loneliness
• Changes in sleep and eating patterns
• Loss of interest in activities they once loved
• Thoughts of suicide
Building relationships, changing communities, and promoting love and kindness to all,
one pair of socks at a time.
To transform communities by inspiring others to help the homeless.
Downriver YMCA -2017 Social Responsibility Award
Detroit Rescue Mission Ministries -2017 Pillar of Advocacy Award